Nationals Rules and Regulations
Thank you so much for joining us this year. We hope that you are having an amazing season. We would love for you and your dancers to join us this summer in Savannah, GA, June 25th – June 29th for our Nationals Event. Outlined below are the qualifications, key features and general guidelines for attending the Inspire National Finals. There is also a SAMPLE of what the event schedule could be like posted online. The official schedule will be posted 2 weeks prior to the event. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email us ~ 912-506-3967 ~
• Studio entries must achieve a Platinum Elite, Platinum, High Gold or Gold to attend the Inspire NDC Finals.
· If a studio does not attend an Inspire Regional Competition or if a particular entry was unable to compete at a regional,
they may contact Inspire NDC management for consideration.
FREE MASTER CLASSES are available to all dancers registered for the Inspire Nationals Event. The schedule of classes will be based upon the competition schedule. Parents and teachers are welcome to watch classes. No cell phones, small children or other distractions will be allowed.
Our Improv Auditions are available for all dancers. There is a $40 registration fee for entry into this audition. Dancers will receive a number upon registration on-site. Dancers will receive audition and improvisation tips from our choreographers prior to their audition. The audition will be divided by age division. All participants will listen to an excerpt of the music that has been selected. They will be divided into groups and will perform. Select dancers from each age division will be selected as Inspire Improv Winners. These winners will be given a certificate, a dance top and will perform a selection of improv as an opening for our Inspire S/D/T Crystal Title Showcase.
Inspire All-Star Classes and Choreography:
Select Junior, Teen and Senior ~ Competition and Competition Elite dancers were selected at Inspire 2019 regional events to participate as Inspire All Stars. Dancers that are participating as Inspire All-Stars must self-register 3 weeks prior to the event through the website: www.inspirendc.com/#!inspire-all-stars-natl/ckxr
There is a maximum of 75 spots available, so please register and pay early to reserve your spot.
Inspire All-Stars have the opportunity to receive choreography/master classes in all subjects of dance to prepare for the opening number of our Crystal Showcase Championship. This event will take place on the last day of the Nationals event.
There will be an Inspire All-Star meeting for all Inspire All-Star dancers and their parents/teachers on the first day of Nationals. The complete, detailed Inspire All-Star rehearsal schedule will be posted when the competition schedule is posted, at least one week prior to the Nationals event.
The complete, detailed Inspire All-Star rehearsal schedule will be posted when the
competition schedule is posted, at least one week prior to the Nationals event.
(See "Sample" Schedule)
The costume for the opening number is ANY black top and black bottom. All All-Stars should bring this with them to the National event. Dancers should also bring all of their dance shoes; the Inspire All-Star production will include several dance styles. Most dancers will only appear in portions of the dance. Inspire NDC does not guarantee which sections you will dance in.
There is a $75 registration fee to participate as an Inspire All-Star. This fee covers the choreography classes and a dance top to be worn during the Opening Number Performance.
This is an exciting opportunity - but it takes hard work and dedication to participate as an Inspire All-Star. These selected dancers are expected to be at every All Star Rehearsal.
General Rules & Guidelines:
• All National entries must registered online 30 days prior to the competition date.
• All entries will remain in the same age division for Nationals as they competed at Regionals. Entries may change levels and
categories with permission from Inspire Management.
• Entries may drop from a Line to a Large Group, a Large Group to a Small Group, a Small Group to a Duet/Trio.
• Inspire will allow dancer substitutions for duet/trios, small groups, large groups, and lines. However, permission must be
obtained before the Nationals event.
Awards for Round 1:
All entries will be adjudicated during round 1 of the Nationals competition.
Nationals Crystal Adjudication Scale
Competition Elite Division Competition Division Recreational Division
Diamond Elite 285-300 280-300 275-300
Diamond 270-284.9 260-279.9 250-274.9
Sapphire 255-269.9 240-259.9 225-249.9
Ruby 240-254.9 220-239.9 200-224.9
Emerald 225-239.9 200-219.9 175-199.9
Top Performance awards will be given to performances with the highest overall total points in each category (when there are 5 or more entries). The 8 Top Performance Awards categories are as follows:
Top Jazz Performance
Top Tap /Clogging Performance
Top Hip-Hop Performance
Top Lyrical Performance
Top Contemporary Performance
Top Musical Theatre/ Vocal Performance
Top Ballet/ Pointe Performance
Top Open/ Modern/ Acro / Pom Pon Performance
Each Top Performance group will be given an award, and each Top Performance solo/duo/trio will be given an award.
Judges choice and People’s choice will be awarded during each initial round of competition.
Entries that are selected to return for the Crystal Showcase (solo/duo/trio) and the Crystal Showcase Championship (groups) will be awarded with a “Back to the Stage” Crystal Showcase Pass (one per dancer). Please see specifics below for information on selection into the Showcase.
Crystal Showcase Showdown
Solo and Duet/Trio Crystal Title Showcase
· The top five scoring solos and the top three scoring duet/trios in all age divisions, in all divisions (Rec/Comp/Comp Elite), will
compete in the Crystal Title Showcase, which will take place on the second or third day of Nationals.
· There must be at least 5 duet/trios and 10 solos in each age/division (Ex: Junior, Competition) in order to compete in the solo and duet/trio showdown.
· Duet/Trios must consist of at least one differing dancer in order for two duet/trios from the same studio to be eligible for the
· A cash prize will be paid to the highest scoring solo and duet/trio in each age and division with the minimum number of
solos/duos/trios required. A soloist may only perform in one division.
· In addition, select Solos/Duos and Trios will be selected by the judges as Deja Vu Dancers. These dancers are selected from
categories that do not have enough entries to be eligible for the showdown. The Deja Vu Dancers will re-compete their entries
during the Crystal Title Showcase for top scoring entries within their division. No cash prizes will be given in this area.
In addition there will be Top Score of the Showcase awards presented.
Group/Line Crystal Showcase Championship
· The top 3-5 highest scoring small groups and large groups/super lines (in other words, small groups compete separately from
the large groups and super lines that compete together; Productions are not included) in the Mini, Petite, Junior, Teen, and
Senior ages, in all divisions (Rec/Comp/Comp Elite), will compete in the Crystal Showcase Championship. Qualifying is based
upon the scores, not rankings.
There must be at least five routines in a division and age (Ex. Teen, Recreational) in order to be eligible for the Crystal Showcase Championship. If there are 5-6 routines then 3 will be brought back. If there are 7-12 routines then 4 will be brought back. If there are 13 or more routines then 5 will be brought back.
· A studio can only have more than one group in a particular age and division if the additional group is comprised of different dancers. In order for multiple small groups from the same studio to be eligible for the Showcase the routines may have no more than 3 of the same dancers in the differing routines. If there are more than three dancers common in the small groups, only the highest scoring group may participate in that division. In order for multiple large groups from the same studio to be eligible for the Showcase the routines may have no more than 5 of the same dancers in the differing routines. If there are more than five dancers common in the large groups, only the highest scoring group may participate in each division. In order for multiple super lines from the same studio to be eligible for the Showcase the routines may have no more than 8 of the same dancers in the differing routines. If there are more than eight dancers common in the super lines, only the highest scoring super line may participate in each division. While large groups and super lines compete together for qualification into the Showcase a studio may have both types of routines selected regardless of common dancers.
· Performance order is determined by blind draw.
· Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three placements in each division if there are five routines. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top two placements if there are four routines and to the top first place only if there are three routines.
In addition there will be Top Score of the Showcase awards presented.
Crystal Production Showcase Championship
· At Nationals, all productions will compete in the Crystal Production Showcase Championship, which will take place on the final day of Nationals. The Production Showcase Championship will have a Recreational, Competition and Competition Elite
champion (regardless of age division).
· There must be at least 3 productions in each division (2 studios or more) in order to compete in the Production Showcase. If
there are less than 3 productions, the routines will compete with the other lines and be eligible for the Group/Line Showcase.
For example, if there are 8 Competition productions and 2 Recreational productions, the 8 Competition productions will
compete in the Production Showcase, and the 2 Recreational productions will compete with the other Recreational lines.
· The Competition and Competition Elite Showcase Champion winner will receive $500 cash AND $500 "Inspire Money". The
Recreational Showcase Champion winner will receive $250 cash and $250 "Inspire Money". "Inspire Money" is good toward
merchandise, or registration for the 2020 season.
Please view the rest of our website for additional information.
We look forward to having you at our Nationals in beautiful
Savannah, Georgia, June 25-29, 2019!
2019 Inspire National Dance Competition
Nationals Official Rules & Regulations
Please read carefully. Failure to comply with the rules below could result in disqualification.